Wednesday, March 15, 2017 Dusseldorf, Germany
The International Renewable Energy Agency organized a workshop on battery storage costs & market outlook to 2030 at Dusseldorf Energy Storage Europe 2017.
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 Munich, Germany
IRENA will attend Intersolar Europe from 21st of June to 24th of June 2016.
Intersolar Europe is a leading exhibition for the solar industry and its partners and takes place annually at the Messe München exhibition center in Munich, Germany.
Monday, March 23, 2015 Bonn, Germany
In a workshop held in Bonn on 23rd March 2015, the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) brought together industry stakeholders and policy makers to discuss the future cost reduction potentials and performance improvements for solar photovoltaic, concentrated solar power, onshore and offshore wind technologies.
Entitled 'The Future of Competitiveness: Cost Reduction Potentials for Solar and Wind', the workshop assessed the perspectives for renewable energy in a low energy price environment given the rising importance of renewable energy as an important issue for energy diversification and security as well as its ability to address environmental concerns.
Friday, December 12, 2014 Rome, Italy
On December 12, 2014 IRENA and GSE held a joint workshop on renewable energy cost data to support policymaking.
The workshop, Renewable cost data to support policymaking: Design, implementation and best practice workshop (by invitation only) covered:
- The rationale and importance of systematically collecting up-to-date cost and performance data for renewables;
- Recent cost and performance data for renewables and associated challenges for policy makers;
- Regulatory models that provide a legal basis for ongoing data collection;
- Data needs for different technologies and markets, in order to meet the analytical needs of policy makers;
- How to collect such data in the most efficient way, minimising compliance costs.
GSE is a founding member of the IRENA Renewable Costing Alliance.
Sunday, November 8, 2015 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) together with Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) has organized a workshop on accelerating the uptake of residential solar in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, in Dubai (UAE.) on November 8th, 2015.